Saturday, January 8, 2022

MORE HOUSEKEEPING - UPDATED LINKS

 I added the links section when I first started this page, and probably haven’t updated it since.   About half were dead links, so sorry about that if you were trying them.   Some haven’t been updated for many years, but still exist, and still have good photos and info on them, so I didn’t take them down.  

I only got around to adding one new link - Steel Mill Modelers Supply.   If you are looking to heavily upgrade your Walthers Steel Mill kit, or if you are scratchbuilding a mill, this is the place to go.   Steel mill modeler, Kevin Tully started this business some years ago using 3d printing technology,  when most of us were still working with molds and resin casts to sporadically make parts for steel mill modeling.   His products are well researched, well drawn in 3dCAD (not an easy task),  and printed using high quality printers (ie expensive).   

I tried to post a link to the Facebook Steel Mill Modelers group that Donald Dunn moderates, to no avail.   Maybe I can’t post Facebook links on here.   If you are on Facebook, you should be able to find it - just make sure the moderator is Donald Dunn.   He also has two associated groups on real steel mills and selling steel mill stuff, which you should also be able to find.   Donald does an excellent job at keeping these sites focused on their subject matter.  He also puts out a quarterly steel mill modeling ezine (is that even something anymore)  which has excellent articles.  I will try to find a link for that an post.   

I’m also going to add a bunch of links for O Scale and PROTO 48, but I’ll see if I can organize these things better.  

Jim


No comments: