Tuesday, July 21, 2009
QUENCHER LOCO Part 2
I built up the superstructure of the Quencher Loco per plans on Dave Ayers page (see links). I've made a few changes- I didn't go with the sloped roof and I used window castings instead of the more modern windows shown in the plans. I hope this might, in a little way, backdate the locomotive. In the center part of the locomotive I fixed five lead weights to help balance the locomotive and improve its running characteristics. There actually isn't too much left to do but I need to buy additional window castings for the two doors and also build the interior of the cab and the electrical pickup arm.