Thursday, June 11, 2009


I've started the process of detailing the precipitators.   Mike Rabbit's plan set only shows the larger pipes on these units.  I do have one photo, but only from that one perspective so I am guessing as to some of the detail.  I am using Jeff Borne's "Superdetailing a Walthers Blast Furnace Part 2" for help on the smaller details.  I have finished the water piping and water piping control cabinets for one of the units.  I'm sure it's not exactly prototypical but it looks good to me.  I'm using .028 brass wire for the water lines.  The cabinets are built using two pieces of .080 styrene, a .015 styrene door, .035 styrene rods for the door hinges, and a wire handle.  

No comments: