Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Stove stacks are finally complete.  I started working on the tops for them - originally I was going to vac-form the tapered top piece and then use a turned wood section for the transition from the top to the stack.  Thinking about it a bit more I've decided to make a one piece master for the tops and then cast duplicates.  I've turned the core out of a block of cherry - you can see this in the picture with a piece of Plastruct TB-20 as the stack.  I need to clean it up and add a ton of individual rivets, an access door ,...etc. and then make a RTV Silicone mold, and then four castings.  

No comments: