As I previously stated this blog will be primarily about the construction of my HO Model Railroad. This will be the fourth HO layout that I have built since I was a youngster and the second one in this house. The layout was actually started about 5 or 6 years ago but has sat basically untouched after the initial construction spurt of benchwork and tracklaying (about 60%) This was not due to a lack of interest in the hobby, but rather a lack of time - I owned my own business up until this past August and usually spent about 90 hours a week working, which left little time for hobbies. Since August I have been working as a Project Manager for Cipriani Builders. This is a 40 hour - 5 day week type job (my first since the 80s) and has left me with a lot more time, and money, to pursue my hobby.
- Completing all the structures, lighting, and scenery on the present portions of the layout.
- Adding a 8x9 section to the layout that will solely be a Steel Mill
- Adding a 3x14 section to the layout that will be a yard, passenger depot, and city
- Adding a connecting line to the elevated coal dock on the existing layout's port district
- Adding a connecting line from the main to the steel mill
- Switching the entire layout over to DCC