Sunday, April 21, 2013

A-FURNACE Part 39

I'm going to change the format of this blog a bit for posts after this one.  In the future the posts will be:


  • Mostly text free - I won't be writing paragraphs of my thoughts,...etc..  - Just captions with the photos with necessary descriptions, but for the most part I'll let the photos do the talking.
  • Strictly modeling and or steel/prototype photos.   Occasionally a new tool or book if they merit mentioning
Time is one reason for this change.  As most of you have probably noticed, the frequency of my posts has dropped quite a bit since going back into business for myself.    However, the primary reason is that I've been doing some self-reflection and realized that my ramblings, editorializing, politics, or whatever, really don't matter in terms of my model railroading, and could in fact bother some people.   This self reflection is in the aftermath of another on-line conflagration I was involved in, this time with a modular group I was a member of.    You'd think I'd know better after raising two teenagers in the online/facebook age.  Adults don't appear to act much different than teenagers online (go to the yahoo steel group if you want to see some of this) and it's so easy for things to be taken out of context and small things to become blown out of proportion.   It's much better to have a civil conversation in person.      All my online posts will be on this blog from now on, and will consist of photos of my work and prototype info.   If you have questions, please feel free to email.    The only in-person model railroading event that I plan to be at this year is the Steel Mill Modeling seminar at Kent, Ohio in early August.  

So to start the steel mill blog 2.0,.....
A-Furnace Stoves - Hot Blast Valve Details


A-Furnace Hot-Blast Valves under construction

No comments: