Wednesday, August 3, 2011


Failure - Hours of modeling down the drain. There were two types of roller supports for the Ensley type mixer - the ones drawn in the plans that I am using - multiple fixed rollers attached to a cast support - and then the type you see in the photos of the actual Ensley mixer - four sets of double rollers mounted on pivoting cast frames. For whatever reason I thought the later looked more interesting so I attempted to scale them from the photos but only after actually building two sets and most of the other two did I realize that they are too big. Mind you they work, but it's one of those things that would just bother me every time I'd look at the mixer. So, back to the drawing board. I'm not sure at this point whether I'm going to stick with the same type of roller or go with the other type that I have plans for. I will probably walk away from things for a few days and think it over. I did build a master for one of the four access doors on the sides of the mixer. I'll cast the other three.

No comments: