Saturday, April 2, 2011


I continued working on the support rails. First I created some rigidity by adding 5/32 channels to the ends of the upper rail web. I then added some 3/16 channel cross pieces between the webs to later receive the bolt ends for the top tie-downs. Finally, I applied .40x.188 flange to the outer edge of the support rail - once dry I trimmed all the web supports to match the angle between the inner and outer flanges of the support rail. I also started to add some of the rivet strap details - the long curved strips are a challenge as you must first cut the radii in .015 styrene sheet, emboss the rivets by hand, and then cut and glue on.

No comments: