Sunday, March 22, 2009

PIG CASTER Part 5


Work continues on the mold conveyor belt section of my pig casting machine.  It has been extremely tedious work, building each idler wheel assembly and each pig mold.  I also have been having problems with the styrene warping.  Most of the basic framework was relatively flat after being built, however, after I glued on the separately assembled pig mold belt, the entire assembly curved badly - to the point I am worried about getting it all flat ultimately when I assemble the return belt section to the upper belt section.  If anyone has experienced this and dealt with it successfully I would like to hear all suggestions.  I might be hoping for too much that the assembly will square itself upon final glue up.   The picture shows the upper belt assembly - rear on an angle, and the return belt assembly, flat and weighted down by glue bottles and other things.  The pig molds are made from 1/8" Plastruct deep channels with .030x.100 sides - I will go back later and add small round punch outs at the joint between every two molds.

No comments: