Sunday, March 8, 2009

PIG CASTER Part 2


I've made a little bit of progress on the pig casting machine.   The machine is based on a prototype machine from Chester, PA, although I am making a few minor changes.  I am using plans that I purchased from Mike Rabbit.    Although its a relatively small and simple structure, the framing is taking a bit of time - the main support posts are 5/16 Evergreen I-Beams that have been modified for the crane on the one end.  There are also an additional 4 styrene strips per piece.   The crane beam is also made out of 5/16 Evergreen material.  The roof trusses are made from .060 and .080 angles with .020 gusset plates - there are 21 individual pieces in each truss.  

 The next step is to finish this structure - I still need to: finish the post supports,  add more diagonal bracing, add crane rails, wires, and bumpers, build a control booth, build the well for the actually casting machine, and install siding on the building.

Also left is the entire upper structure, the crane, and the casting machine.  


No comments: